Last months' meeting was well attended and lively. Lots of busy hands catching up with projects put to one side for the Christmas celebrations. We were delighted to welcome a new Member to our ranks. A great start to the New Year.
This month we welcome Birgitta Debenham as our Speaker. Her talk 'Boxes of Delight. Post from Japan' will be I am sure very interesting. Birgitta will also be bringing with her examples of her 'Post'. Some of you may already be familiar with Birgitta and her work from the Open Studios and Arts Weeks events when she has an Exhibition in their lovely family Church at Turnerspuddle.
The meeting is on Monday 16th February from 10 a.m. until 12.30 p.m. As usual free for Members but there will be a small entrance fee for visitors.
And now jumping forward a month to March I am going to publish here the requirements list for the Jan Tillett workshop on 23rd March. Jan will be for us for the whole day giving a short talk in the morning followed by the Workshop in the afternoon. The workshop will be 'Shimmering Leaves'.
"Use Angelina fibres, free motion embroidery and shiny fabrics to create a shimmering wallhanging. The colours can be themed for a seasonal hanging of your choice.
The following materials and equipment will be needed for the workshop.
- Domestic sewing machine - bring all tools, feet and instruction book
- Darning foot/free motion embroidery foot for sewing machine
- A variety of sewing machine needles
- Sewing kit - scissors (fabric and paper), pins, tailors chalk etc.c
- Wooden kebab stick
- 1/2 metre of Calico
- 30cm square of felt*
- A variety of organzas in your chosen colours
- 1/2 metre of stitch and tear
- Machine embroidery threads - rayon and metallic*
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- 30cm square of black or white Mistyfuse*
- Angelina fibres*
- Baking parchment and kitchen roll
- Bits and pieces of shiny fabric, ribbon, net, lace etc.
- Wooden (leaf) printing blocks if you have them
- Fabric crayons. "
Items marked with an asterisk will be available to purchase on the day.
There will be a short break for Lunch at about 1 p.m. Please bring your own packed Lunch. Tea and Coffee will be available from the Kitchen.